Stock Disallow Negativeby Akretion https://github.com/OCA/stock-logistics-workflow , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/stock-logistics-workflow
|Lines of code||95|
|Also available in version||v 8.0 v 11.0 v 10.0 v 9.0 v 14.0 v 13.0|
Stock Disallow Negative
By default, Odoo allows negative stock. The advantage of negative stock is that, if some stock levels are wrong in the ERP, you will not be blocked when validating the picking for a customer… so you will still be able to ship the products on time (it’s an example !). The problem is that, after you forced the stock level to negative, you are supposed to fix the stock level later via an inventory ; but this action is often forgotten by users, so you end up with negative stock levels in your ERP and it can stay like this forever (or at least until the next full inventory).
If you disallow negative stock in Odoo with this module, you will be blocked when trying to validate a stock operation that will set the stock level of a product and/or location as negative. So you will have to fix the wrong stock level of that product without delay, in order to validate the stock operation in Odoo…you can’t forget it anymore !
Table of contents
By default, the stockable products will not be allowed to have a negative stock. If you want to make some exceptions for some products, product categories or locations, you can activate the option Allow Negative Stock:
- Go to Inventory / Master Data / Products and in the tab General Information activate this option.
For product categories:
- Go to Inventory / Configuration / Products / Product Categories and activate this option.
For individual locations:
- Go to Inventory / Configuration / Settings and activate the option Storage Locations.
- Go to Inventory / Configuration / Warehouse Management / Locations and activate the option the option Allow Negative Stock for the locations you choose.
When you validate a stock operation (a stock move, a picking, a manufacturing order, etc.) that will set the stock level of a stockable product as negative, you will be blocked by an error message. The consumable products can still have a negative stock level.
- Add the ability to allow negative stock for individual stock locations.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/stock-logistics-workflow project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.
Do Not Use With POS Operations
Module functions well with all Other Operation Expect POS, It creates complexities on stock quant. It updates Quant Records before Validating the stock Move. some times it creates Minus Quant Records as well as It minus the existing stock levels of items that have stocks that relate to the same picking Operation before validating the stock move *This is not to blame the developers. Please be aware of it before using the module
Reserve quantity error
I notice since i've installed this module, every day i have a bunch of pos order giving me the following error: "It is not possible to unreserve more products of ... than you have in stock", can you guys give some advise?
Can you send release for V13