|Also available in version||v 12.0 v 11.0 v 9.0 v 8.0 v 7.0|
Order point generator
Add a wizard to configure reordering rules for multiple products in one go, and allow to automatically update reordering rules from rule templates.
Table of contents
Reordering rule templates can be configured in “Inventory > Configuration > Products > Reordering Rule Templates”.
The frequency of the cron that updates the Reordering Rules can be configured in “Settings > Technical > Automation > Scheduled Actions”. The name of the scheduled action is “Reordering Rule Templates Generator”.
By activating the “Create Rules Automatically” on a reordering rule template, you are able to select a list of products. Any change on the template will then be replicated on the products Reordering Rules. The change is not immediate as it is processed by a scheduled action.
Aditionally, minimum and maximum quantity fields can be computed automatically if desired for the set of products and according to the desired criteria for the time range given. To do so:
- In an Orderpoint template, check “Auto minimum” or “Auto maximum” or both.
- The criteria fields for either one or another are visible now.
- Select a time range of moves to evalute. For every product a history of the resulting stock for every move in such range and the location given on the Orderpoint template will be obtained.
- Select a criteria method to compute the minimum o maximum quantity:
- Maximum: the maximum stock value for the given period.
- Most frequent: the median of the history of stock values for the specified range. Useful when a large amount of history values are obtained, as it tends to avoid deviation caused by extreme values in a common avarage.
- Average: Arithmetic mean of the stock history.
- Minimum: the minimum stock value for the given period.
Lastly, you can promptly create Reordering Rules for a product or a product template using the “Reordering Rules Generator”. Note that it will replace all the existing rules for the product. You will usually not want to use this feature on products that have Automatic Reordering Rules Templates.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/stock-logistics-warehouse project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.