Web Export Current Viewby Henry Zhou https://github.com/OCA/web , Agile Business Group https://github.com/OCA/web , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/web
|Lines of code||178|
|Also available in version||v 7.0 v 6.1 v 9.0 v 8.0 v 11.0|
Web Export Current View
One of the best Odoo’s features is exporting custom data to CSV/XLS. You can do it by clicking on the export link in the sidebar. The export action allows us to configure what to be exported by selecting fields, etc, and allows you to save your export as a template so that you can export it once again without having to configure it again.
That feature is as great and advanced as limited for an everyday experience. A lot of customers want simply to export the tree view they are looking to.
If you miss this feature as us, probably you’ll find an answer into our web_export_view module.
Table of contents
If we wanted to disallow users to use the features provided by this module, we can add them to the group Disallow Export View Data to Excel.
After you installed it, you’ll find an additional link ‘Export current view’ right on the sidebar. By clicking on it you’ll get a XLS file contains the same data of the tree view you are looking at, headers included.
Pedro M. Baeza (email@example.com): When you have groups, they are not exported to Excel. It would be desirable to have this option. One of the problems with this module is that you can’t export data from a view with mode=”tree”. Changing the approach to have the button always visible (we should relocate it also to another place, as the current location is not visible for these views), and digging correctly in the DOM elements for this view (very similar to the normal tree view one) will do the trick. This will also help users to locate the feature, as it’s hidden now by default and users don’t think about selecting records. The behavior will be: nothing selected > you export all (including groups). Something or all selected: export the selection.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Henry Zhou (MAXodoo) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Rodney <https://github.com/rv-clearcorp>
- Simone Orsi <email@example.com>
- Lorenzo Battistini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Stefan Rijnhart <email@example.com>
- Leonardo Pistone <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Jose Maria Bernet <email@example.com>
- Alexandre Díaz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Valtteri Lattu <email@example.com>
- David Vidal
- Ernesto Tejeda
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/web project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.