Web Notifyby ACSONE SA/NV https://github.com/OCA/web , AdaptiveCity https://github.com/OCA/web , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/web
|Lines of code||159|
|Also available in version||v 11.0 v 9.0|
Send instant notification messages to the user in live.
This technical module allows you to send instant notification messages from the server to the user in live. Two kinds of notification are supported.
- Success: Displayed in a success theme color flying popup div
- Danger: Displayed in a danger theme color flying popup div
- Warning: Displayed in a warning theme color flying popup div
- Information: Displayed in a info theme color flying popup div
- Default: Displayed in a default theme color flying popup div
Table of contents
This module is based on the Instant Messaging Bus. To work properly, the server must be launched in gevent mode.
To send a notification to the user you just need to call one of the new methods defined on res.users:
self.env.user.notify_success(message='My success message')
self.env.user.notify_danger(message='My danger message')
self.env.user.notify_warning(message='My warning message')
self.env.user.notify_info(message='My information message')
self.env.user.notify_default(message='My default message')
You can test the behaviour of the notifications by installing this module in a demo database. Access the users form through Settings -> Users & Companies. You’ll see a tab called “Test web notify”, here you’ll find two buttons that’ll allow you test the module.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/web project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.