Search Panelby MuK IT https://github.com/OCA/web , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/web
|Lines of code||872|
With Odoo version 13 a new feature is added which allows kanban views to be extended by a search panel. This can be defined via XML and is then automatically added to the view. With this module the function is ported back to version 12.
Table of contents
This tool allows to quickly filter data on the basis of given fields. The fields are specified as direct children of the searchpanel with tag name field, and the following attributes:
- name (mandatory) the name of the field to filter on
- select determines the behavior and display.
- groups: restricts to specific users
- string: determines the label to display
- icon: specifies which icon is used
- color: determines the icon color
Possible values for the select attribute are
- one (default) at most one value can be selected. Supported field types are many2one and selection.
- multi several values can be selected (checkboxes). Supported field types are many2one, many2many and selection.
Additional optional attributes are available in the multi case:
- domain: determines conditions that the comodel records have to satisfy.
A domain might be used to express a dependency on another field (with select=”one”) of the search panel. Consider
<searchpanel> <field name="department_id"/> <field name="manager_id" select="multi" domain="[('department_id', '=', department_id)]"/> </searchpanel>
In the above example, the range of values for manager_id (manager names) available at screen will depend on the value currently selected for the field department_id.
- groupby: field name of the comodel (only available for many2one and many2many fields). Values will be grouped by that field.
- disable_counters: default is false. If set to true the counters won’t be computed.
This feature has been implemented in case performances would be too bad.
Another way to solve performance issues is to properly override the search_panel_select_multi_range method.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/web project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.