Event Type Description in Website
This module extends the functionality of events website to support a custom description for each event type that will be displayed only when events of that type are filtered, below the common description for the Events page.
Table of contents
To edit your event type description from the frontend, you need to:
- Go to your events page.
- Make sure you Filter by Category is enabled in the Customize menu.
- Choose a event type from the filters.
- Edit the page.
- You will see a new editable area at the top (just below the one you already had) that only will be shown when the page is filtered for this type of event.
- Fill that area with any blocks you want.
To do it from the backend, you need to:
- Go to Events > Configuration > Event Categories.
- Choose a type.
- Change its description.
- The best for SEO would be to have a dedicated controller for event types, with a friendly slug.
- In such case, the event.type model should inherit from website.seo.metadata mixin to have access to all SEO tools.
- It’s not obvious that there is an editable area on event types website.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/event project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.