Base Location Geonames Importby Akretion https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , Agile Business Group https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , Tecnativa https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , AdaptiveCity https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact
Location management (aka Better ZIP) (353 lines of code)
|Lines of code||623|
|Also available in version||v 11.0 v 9.0 v 8.0 v 10.0 v 12.0|
Base Location Geonames Import
This module adds a wizard to import cities and/or city zip entries from Geonames database.
Table of contents
To install this module, you need the Python library ‘requests’:
pip install requests
To access the menu to import city zip entries from Geonames you must add yourself to the groups Administration / Settings or, if you have sale module installed, Sales / Manager group.
If you want/need to modify the default URL (http://download.geonames.org/export/zip/), you can set the geonames.url system parameter.
Go to Contacts > Configuration > Localization > Import from Geonames, and click on it to open a wizard.
When you start the wizard, it will ask you to select a country.
Then, for the selected country, it will delete all not detected entries, download the latest version of the list of cities from geonames.org and create new city zip entries.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Alexis de Lattre <email@example.com>
- Lorenzo Battistini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Pedro M. Baeza <email@example.com>
- Dave Lasley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Jordi Ballester <email@example.com>
- Franco Tampieri <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Aitor Bouzas <email@example.com>
- Manuel Regidor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/partner-contact project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.