Report to printerby Agile Business Group & Domsense,Pegueroles SCP,NaN,LasLabs,Camptocamp,Odoo Community Association (OCA),Open for Small Business Ltd https://github.com/OCA/report-print-send
|Also available in version||v 11.0 v 6.1 v 7.0 v 8.0 v 9.0 v 10.0 v 12.0|
Report to printer
This module allows users to send reports to a printer attached to the server.
It adds an optional behaviour on reports to send it directly to a printer.
- Send to Client is the default behaviour providing you a downloadable PDF
- Send to Printer prints the report on selected printer
It detects trays on printers installation plus permits to select the paper source on which you want to print directly.
Report behaviour is defined by settings.
You will find this option on default user config, on default report config and on specific config per user per report.
This allows you to dedicate a specific paper source for example for preprinted paper such as payment slip.
Settings can be configured:
- per user
- per report
- per user and report
Table of contents
To install this module, you need to:
- Install PyCups - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pycups
sudo apt-get install cups sudo apt-get install libcups2-dev sudo apt-get install python3-dev sudo pip install pycups
To configure this module, you need to:
- Enable the “Printing / Print User” option under access rights to give users the ability to view the print menu.
Guidelines for use:
- To update the CUPS printers in Settings > Printing > Update Printers from CUPS
- To print a report on a specific printer or tray, you can change these in Settings > Printing > Reports to define default behaviour.
- To print a report on a specific printer and/or tray for a user, you can change these in Settings > Printing > Reports in Specific actions per user
- Users may also select a default action, printer or tray in their preferences.
When no tray is configured for a report and a user, the default tray setup on the CUPS server is used.
- [RELEASE] Port from V12.
- [RELEASE] Port from V11.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Ferran Pegueroles <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Albert Cervera i Areny <email@example.com>
- Davide Corio <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Lorenzo Battistini <email@example.com>
- Yannick Vaucher <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Lionel Sausin <email@example.com>
- Guewen Baconnier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Dave Lasley <email@example.com>
- Sylvain Garancher <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Jairo Llopis <email@example.com>
- Graeme Gellatly <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Rod Schouteden <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/report-print-send project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.