Base User Show Emailby Camptocamp https://github.com/OCA/server-auth , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/server-auth
|Lines of code||41|
|Also available in version||v 12.0|
Base User Show Email
In recent Odoo versions, the login field is tightly linked to the email field (the field is displayed with an “Email” label, and it will populate the email of the user if it contains an “@” character).
Yet for the users who uses a distinct login and email, this is confusing.
The goal of this module is to untangle (a bit) these two fields. Here are the changes:
- In the res.users form view:
- Display a “Login” label instead of “Email” on the login field
- Show the currently invisible email field and its label
- In the res.users tree view:
- Display the email field next to the login field
- Change the login layout to prompt for a “Login” instead of an “Email” (compatible with the web_enterprise layout)
Table of contents
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/server-auth project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.