Mail Outbound Staticby brain-tec AG https://github.com/OCA/social , LasLabs https://github.com/OCA/social , Adhoc SA https://github.com/OCA/social , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/social
|Lines of code||108|
|Also available in version||v 12.0 v 11.0 v 10.0|
Mail Outbound Static
This module brings Odoo outbound emails in to strict compliance with RFC-2822 by allowing for a dynamically configured From header, with the sender’s e-mail being appended into the proper Sender header instead. To accomplish this we:
- Add a domain whitelist field in the mail server model. This one represent an allowed Domains list separated by commas. If there is not given SMTP server it will let us to search the proper mail server to be used to send the messages where the message ‘From’ email domain match with the domain whitelist. If there is not mail server that matches then will use the default mail server to send the message.
- Add a Email From field that will let us to email from a specific address taking
into account this conditions:
- If the sender domain match with the domain whitelist then the original message’s ‘From’ will remain as it is and will not be changed because the mail server is able to send in the name of the sender domain.
- If the original message’s ‘From’ does not match with the domain whitelist then the email From is replaced with the Email From field value.
- Add compatibility to define the smtp information in Odoo config file. Both smtp_from and smtp_whitelist_domain values will be used if there is not mail server configured in the system.
Table of contents
- Navigate to an Outbound Email Server
- Set the Email From option to an email address
- Set the Domain Whitelist option with the domain whitelist
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/social project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.