Optional validation of VAT via VIESby Tecnativa https://github.com/OCA/account-financial-tools , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/account-financial-tools
|Lines of code||92|
|Also available in version||v 12.0 v 13.0 v 16.0 v 10.0 v 15.0|
Optional validation of VAT via VIES
This module extends base_vat module features allowing to know if VIES validation was passed or not.
Then you can use “VIES validation passed” field in order to show VAT ID with or without country preffix in invoices, for instance.
NOTE: Although VIES validation is set in your company, this validation will not block VAT ID write (main difference to Odoo standard behavior) if this VAT ID is valid in its country.
Table of contents
In order to activate VIES validation, you must set this option in Settings: Settings > Account > Verify VAT Numbers
When VIES VAT Check is activated:
- Odoo will try to validate VAT against VIES online service
- If passed, then “VIES validation passed” field will be True
- If not passed, then try to validate using country validation method
- If validated, then “VIES validation passed” field will be False
- If not validated, then a ValidationError will be shown to user
When VIES VAT Check is not activated:
- “VIES validation passed” field will be always False
You must prefix VAT with country code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2) and if you want to bypass country validation you can use “EU” code
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us to smash it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Rafael Blasco <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Antonio Espinosa <email@example.com>
- Sergio Teruel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- David Vidal <email@example.com>
- Rodrigo Bonilla <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Alexandre Díaz <email@example.com>
- Harald Panten <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Eduardo de Miguel <email@example.com>
- Emilio Pascual <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/account-financial-tools project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.