Brand External Report Layoutby ACSONE SA/NV https://github.com/OCA/brand , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/brand
|Lines of code||393|
Brand External Report Layout
This module allows you to have a different layout by brand for your external reports.
Table of contents
To use this module, you need to:
- Go to Settings > Users & Companies > Brands
- Add a new brand or select an existing one
- Enter brand information and select the a layout
- Go to any branded object abd print the PDF report. It includes the information of the brand.
To simplify the customization of the external layout we replaced the variable company that odoo compute in the external_layout view by the object brand.
With this module, all custom layouts will display brand information out of the box.
This was possible and easy to implement as the company and the brand models inherit from partner model and share the same informational fields.
The computed variable company is used to set report header and footer. It’s not meant to be used in the report business logic itself. But in that case (if a custom layout use the variable company for some-reason other then header and footer) this module can cause an issue because the used field can be missing in the brand model or not correctly set.
In this case, we recommend to always use document field company for this use-end.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/brand project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.