Partner Relationsby Therp BV https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , Camptocamp https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact
|Odoo Apps Dependencies||
• Discuss (mail)
|Lines of code||1014|
|Versions||14.0 16.0 13.0 11.0 12.0 15.0 9.0 10.0|
This module aims to provide generic means to model relations between partners.
Examples would be ‘is sibling of’ or ‘is friend of’, but also ‘has contract X with’ or ‘is assistant of’. This way, you can encode your knowledge about your partners directly in your partner list.
Table of contents
Before being able to use relations, you’ll have define some first. Do that in Contacts / Relations / Partner relations.
A relation type has a name for both sides.
To have an assistant-relation, you would name one side ‘is assistant of’ and the other side ‘has assistant’.
The Partner Type fields allow to constrain what type of partners can be used on the left and right sides of the relation.
- In the example above, the assistant-relation only makes sense between people, so you would choose ‘Person’ for both partner types.
- For a relation ‘is a competitor of’, both sides would be companies.
- A relation ‘has worked for’ should have persons on the left side and companies on the right side.
If you leave these fields empty, the relation is applicable to all types of partners.
You may use categories (tags) to further specify the type of partners.
You could for example enforce the ‘is member of’ relation to accept only companies with the label ‘Organization’ on the right side.
A reflexive relation type allows a partner to be in relation with himself.
For example, the CEO of a company could be his own manager.
A symetric relation has the same value for the left and right sides.
For example, in a competitor relation, both companies are competitors of each other.
When the configuration of a relation type changes, some relations between 2 partners may become invalid.
For example, if the left partner type is set to Person and a relation already exists with a company on the right side, that relation becomes invalid.
What happens with invalid relations is customizable on the relation type.
4 possible behaviors are available:
- Do not allow change that will result in invalid relations
- Allow existing relations that do not fit changed conditions
- End relations per today, if they do not fit changed conditions
- Delete relations that do not fit changed conditions
To search for existing relations, go to Contacts / Relations / Relations.
To find all assistants in your database, fill in ‘assistant’ and autocomplete will propose to search for this type of relation.
Now if you want to find Colleen’s assistant, you fill in ‘Colleen’ and one of the proposals is to search for partners having a relation with Colleen.
A smart button is available on the partner form view to display the list of relations.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us to smash it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Holger Brunn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Stefan Rijnhart <email@example.com>
- Ronald Portier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sandy Carter <email@example.com>
- Bruno Joliveau <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Adriana Ierfino <email@example.com>
- Numigi (tm) and all its contributors (https://bit.ly/numigiens)
- Radovan Skolnik <firstname.lastname@example.org>, KEMA SK s.r.o. (https://www.kema.sk)
- DynApps NV:
- Raf Ven
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/partner-contact project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.