This module lets administrator track every user's operation on all the objects of the system (for the moment, only create, write and unlink methods). Each rule for tracking user's operation on data through the Odoo's interface is called audit rule.
- The administrator creates an audit rule by specifying the name and the module on which the rule will be applied,
- The administrator ticks the operations he wants to follow (creation and/or modification and/or deletion),
- The administrator selects the group of users concerned by the audit.
- A rule can be disabled if the administrator does not want to follow its logs anymore.
- Operations performed by a user will be automatically recorded in the list of logs according to the pre-defined rule.
- The log view contains details about each operation: date, name, the module, the user, old and new values of each modified field, etc.
- The module also allows a history revision of each operation.
- The administrator can delete audit rules but logs can't be deleted.
- Users can view a list of current model logs.
Table of contents
To create a new rule:
Go to Settings > Audit > Rules menu.
Press the button Create.
Insert the name of the rule, the model and the user group. Then check operations you want to audit.
To show the list of logs and edit a log:
Go to Settings > Audit > Logs menu.
Display the log by clicking on a line to see more details about the operation and changes.
To view different versions of the object:
Click on the smart button History Revision.
To view logs of displayed model:
Select one or multiple lines from the list view.
Go to Action > View audit logs.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback here.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This addons does not collect any data and does not set any browser cookies.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.