Odoo Magento 2 Connector PROby VentorTech http://ventor.tech
• Invoicing (account)
• Inventory (stock)
|Lines of code||3423|
|Also available in version||v 14.0 v 13.0 v 16.0|
Odoo Magento 2 Connector PRO
This connector synchronizes Odoo and your Magento 2 e-commerce site
Here soon will be a video showing workflows which this Magento Odoo integration covers. While we are preparing it, please watch a similar video from our Odoo PrestaShop connector:
Import your master data from Magento 2 to Odoo (initial import with automapping). Then get new orders from Magento and sync current inventory from Odoo. Also send back tracking numbers to your customers. All of this automatically and instantly!
Installation and configuration services are temporarily included in the price.
This Odoo Magento connector is compatible with Odoo Community and Enterprise from v13 and higher.
Connector for each version should be purchased separately according to Odoo store rules
What’s included in the price
- Odoo Magento 2 connector PRO
Regular updates, including new features
We hear our customers and Odoo partners and regularly release new functionality (focus on real feedback) and fix bugs if they occur immediately.
Check the Documentation tab and hints (help texts) for settings. Don’t forget to check release notes there, sometimes we publish videos describing new features. If something is missing, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.
Enables extending your Odoo without fear of crashes (add new features, delivery integrations, install third-party modules, and so on). We rely only on standard functionality of Odoo, popular OCA modules and Magento 2, no hardcode!
Smart error logs
Human readable error log helps easily identify possible issues with sync and suggests solutions.
Zero support cost
Working with Odoo since 2011, we guarantee stability of our working products and a lack of unnecessary errors.
We fix critical bugs that block you.
Customer Care Package is not included
We can take care of all your VentorTech infrastructure. This can be provided as an additional service or as a subscription. Contact us for details – email@example.com
Initial ImportEasily import and automatically map all master data from Magento to Odoo by clicking just one button. Products, product variants, attributes, attribute values, categories, payment methods, initial stock, and so on
Initial Magento → Odoo import is done only one time. Then Odoo becomes the master data system for products. The connector automatically validates if the products are correct and provides easy understandable error log
Export products and current stock (quantity on hand) from Odoo to Magento automatically
Get orders from your Magento 2 e-commerce store to your Odoo instantly after they are placed
Order statuses and tracking numbersThis Odoo Magento 2 connector automatically updates sales order statuses in Magento along with carrier tracking numbers
Import. Magento 2 to Odoo
Initial import from Magento to Odoo
- Import products and product variants
- Import attributes and attribute values
- Import categories
- Import payment methods
- Import sale order statuses
- Import initial stock
- Import languages
- Import countries and states
Import orders from Magento to Odoo
- Automatically import new customer orders from Magento
- Automatically import customers and customer details
- Import taxes and tax groups (together with new orders)
- Import shipping methods (together with new orders)
Export. Odoo to Magento 2
- Export and update products and product details
- Export and update product (qty on hand), price and images
- Publish or unpublish products to Magento from Odoo
- Export tracking numbers
- Update order statuses in Magento from Odoo
Why to choose our Odoo Magento integration
Provided that we had to fix many code quality issues related to a variety of connectors presented on the Odoo market (Ebay, Amazon, USPS, FedEx, Shopify, WooCommerce, UPS, Quickbooks, custom connectors, etc.) and it wasted the nerves of our customers, testers, and developers, we developed our own quality standards.
Typical issues that clients faсed using other connectors / bridges:
Impossibility to scale functionality together with business growth
Most solutions are OK when you have an Odoo standard with no or very few customizations. But functionality breaks in a real production environment for different reasons, even if you make a simple change (e.g., some orders are not synchronized, prices for products are not synchronized, etc.);
When even simple change had been made in Odoo (e.g., adding a barcode to a product), total instability occurrences increased (e.g., for some reason, orders stopped coming or product prices stopped syncing).
- Need to pay the vendor for extending / fixes. And even this did not always help Our customers tried to make their connectors work at a level of at least acceptably "stable" and bought hundreds of service hours from vendors. It’s reasonable to pay the code authors, as they should know their own apps, right? Unfortunately, the changes were still not working and this lowered their margin. They spent money with the vendors and then had to spend it again to fix it all with us, because situations had already become critical.
Alerts about errors
When connectors had stopped syncing orders or prices, our clients learned about this only after a few days or months of sync failure, when they received customer calls about not delivered orders, or when they started analyzing margin and understood that they were selling with a resulting negative margin!
We have been fixing these problems and similar ones in different connectors and other modules. Such occurrences would not present a good situation for you, because you already purchased the module and everything is supposed to be working. And it’s not good for us, because instead of delivering features that bring benefit quickly, we have to fix something that you think is working.
Cheap solutions sound attractive, but we have already integrated Shopify, PrestaShop, Magento 1, Magento 2, WooCommerce, QuickBooks, and we know – these connectors cannot be cheap! It is not only about connectors, but about analyzing catalogs, making decisions about variants and product templates, figuring out what attributes should be synced from Odoo, and deciding on what should be edited directly on the e-commerce side only... and many other less-than-obvious factors.
Odoo is like a LEGO construction; it has many bricks. If looking at bricks separately, they seem to work fine. But everybody likes LEGOs because of the final "solution." And combining them depends on the quality of each brick. This is why we at VentorTech deliver only high-quality products that can be easily integrated with other products, and our solutions don’t block you while scaling and growing. It seems to be expensive initially but saves you a lot of investments and headaches in the future.
Installation and Configuration
The installation of the Odoo Magento app requires the following knowledge:
- How to install a module on your Odoo instance (self-hosted or odoo.sh)
- Odoo technical knowledge
Module installation and configuration are not included in the module's price. Refer to the Documentation tab in the current module for installation details.
If you need help, you can request paid support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requesting features and reporting bugs
If you have questions, need any help, or have a customizations request, please contact us at email@example.com.
This Odoo Magento connector is a part of the VentorTech ecosystem. It’s fully compatible with all products designed by VentorTech: Ventor, Odoo Direct Print, Odoo Shopify connector, Odoo PrestaShop connector, Odoo QuickBooks Online connector, Odoo MyParcel connector, Odoo WooCommerce connector, ZPL Label Designer, and other
al. Jerozolimskie 81 / 11.10, Warszaw, 02-001
+48 789 338 655
Quick configuration guide
- Install the Odoo Magento-2 Connector on your Odoo server - How to install in Odoo.sh.
- Our connector is using queue_job from OCA. If you are on odoo.sh, skip this section and jump to the next one. Below is quick summary of what you need to add at the end of your odoo.conf file. If you are interested in full documentation, check it out here.
- Special note for deploying to odoo.sh (video):
- Config file can be found when entering shell in the following location "/home/odoo/.config/odoo/odoo.conf". Add there the following configs:
- After changing the configuration file, run odoosh-restart command in the shell.
- Follow this video guide to get webservice API key for Magento 2 and perform the initial connection between Odoo and Magento 2.
- Then continue with the Quick Configuration wizard. We do not have yet a dedicated video for Magento 2 - but all our connectors work the same way. So you can refer to the video from the Shopify connector starting from 3:30 (watch video).
In case of any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to share your experience after you go live :)(only person who made a purchase, can leave ratings)
- 1.8.1 (2023-09-29)
- Fixed issue with auto-workflow not executing all tasks
- 1.8.0 (2023-09-19)
- New! Custom attributes with multivalues are now synchronized by assigned keys, establishing a relation from Magento 2 with Many2One fields in Odoo. (watch video)
- NEW! Added the ability to exclude specific products from Stock Synchronization with the use of special checkbox in the E-commerce tab on the product form. (watch video)
- Fixed issue with updating translatable fields when default ERP language different to Magento 2 shop language.
- Fixed issue with missed orders.
- Fixed issue with exporting tracking number for pickings with product kits.
- Fixed a small issue with Boolean field synchronization for Magento 2.
- Fixed issue with products validation and initial import for stores with a large number of deactivated products.
- Added unit tests for testing field mapping logic within the integration module.
- Other small improvements and fixes.
- 1.7.0 (2023-08-14)
- NEW! Add setting for export prices via price list from Odoo to Magento 2. Configurable based on integration. (watch video)
- NEW! Set forcibly discount to zero to avoid affection of the price list with policy "Show public price & discount to the customer".
- NEW! Improve automatic mapping of Magento 2 country states to Odoo country states.
- 1.6.0 (2023-07-19)
- NEW! Added the possibility to synchronize product quantity from different Odoo Locations to different Magento 2 Locations. Can be configured in the “Inventory“ tab on sales integration. Note that Advanced MSI modules should be installed on Magento 2. (watch video)
- NEW! Added the possibility to create dynamic filters for importing products from Magento 2. By default, the filter is configured to import products only active products. (watch video)
- NEW! Added setting to automatically create products on SO Import in case products doesn’t exist yet in Odoo. Configurable based on integration. (watch video)
- NEW! During initial import, the connector will generate only product variants that exist in Magento 2. This behavior is configurable on the “Product Defaults“ tab on sales integration with the checkbox “Import Attributes as Dynamic“. It is switched off by default. (watch video)
- NEW! Add new behavior on empty tax “Take from the Product“. When selected, if the downloaded sales order line will not have defined taxes, it will insert on the sales order line customer tax defined on the product. (watch video)
- NEW! Allow excluding specific product attributes to synchronize from Odoo to Magento 2. Can be configured in “Sales - Configuration - Attributes“. (watch video)
- NEW! Discount for individual products is added as a separate line on Odoo Sales Order for proper financial records. (watch video)
- NEW! Allow switching on and off validation of missing barcodes on product variants. When “Validate missing barcodes for variants“ is enabled then the connector will validate that either all variants should have barcodes, or neither of the variants should have barcodes (the mix is not allowed). Available only in Debug mode on the “Product Defaults“ tab. (watch video)
- In case it is configured not to download the barcode field from Magento 2 to Odoo (in Product Fields Mapping there is no barcode field defined) connector will not analyze external products for duplicated barcodes.
- Download orders by batches to avoid timeout of “Receive Orders” job.
- Improve the validation mechanism on Magento 2. Now finding out the wrong configurations of products on Magento 2 side: (1) Simple products that belong to multiple-configurable products; (2) configurable product that belong to another configurable product.
- Do not create redundant BOMs for Product Bundles downloaded from Magento 2.
- Do not send inactive product variants when exporting products to Magento 2.
- Added to sales integration list of global fields that are monitored for changes. So when the product is updated and these fields are changed, then we also trigger the export of the product.
- Product attributes are synchronized according to their sequence to preserve the same order as in Odoo.
- Other small improvements and fixes.
- 1.5.2 (2023-04-04)
- Fix issue with duplicated product price for products with variants on initial product import.
- 1.5.1 (2023-03-23)
- Fix issue with impossibility to cancel sales order (in some cases) or register payment.
- 1.5.0 (2023-03-13)
- NEW! Added “Exclude from Synchronisation” settings on the product to exclude specific products and all their variants totally from sync and all related logic (validation, auto-mapping). (watch video)
- NEW! Contacts that were created by the connector will have a special Tag with the name of the sales integration it was created from. That allows us to easier find all contacts created from specific integration. (watch video)
- Copy “e-Commerce payment method” from Sales Order to the related Customer Invoice.
- Sales Orders with a non-valid EU VAT number will be created. But a warning message will be added in Internal Note for the created Sales Order informing the user about this problem.
- Convert weight on import/export of products in case UoM in Odoo is different from UoM in Magento 2 (kgs vs lbs).
- Other small fixes and improvements.
- 1.4.0 (2023-02-17)
- NEW! Reworked product import and export mechanism. Now for simple fields, no coding is required to synchronize them from/to Odoo. Fields mapping working both for initial import (Magento 2 -> Odoo) and for export (Odoo -> Magento 2). (watch video)
- NEW! Trigger products export only if fields that are marked with the “Send field for updating“ checkbox are updated. That leads to a smaller number of export product jobs. (watch video)
- NEW! Implemented initial stock levels import functionality from Magento 2 to Odoo (available on the "Initial Import" tab). (watch video)
- NEW! Now all integration logs are available in a separate menu "Job Logs". It is possible to see everything that happened to a specific Product or Sales Order in a quick way. (watch video)
- NEW! Add the possibility to define the "Orders Cut-off" date. Only orders created after this date will be synchronized. (watch video)
- NEW! Added Cost Price field synchronization for initial import from Magento 2 to Odoo and for exporting Products from Odoo to Magento 2. (watch video)
- NEW! Custom Options from the sales order line in Magento 2 are copied to the sales order line in Odoo. (watch video)
- Make ZIP code a non-required field for contact creation during sales order import as some countries do not require it.
- PERFORMANCE! Overall performance improvements for the requests to Magento 2.
- Fix Customer VAT (Registration) number import.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
- 1.3.3 (2023-01-24)
- Fix Customer VAT (Registration) number import.
- 1.3.2 (2023-01-06)
- Fix issue when en_US language is deactivated.
- Add Sale Integration in product on Import Product From External.
- 1.3.1 (2022-12-31)
- Fixing issue that is not allowing to download orders with zero shipping cost.
- 1.3.0 (2022-12-28)
- NEW! Add a setting to send products from Odoo on initial export in “inactive“ status, so products can be reviewed later and published manually. (watch video)
- NEW! Allow defining payment terms that will be used instead of the standard on Order synchronization depending on the payment method of the sales order. (watch video)
- NEW! Trigger new products export only if a product has non-empty fields that are mandatory for product export. The list of fields is defined on the integration level and by default it is “Internal Reference“ only. (watch video)
- NEW! Send the "Paid" status to Magento 2 after the order is fully paid in Odoo or in accordance with the "Send payment status when" property on the workflow payment method. (watch video)
- NEW! Implemented discount handling for Magento 2 "Cart Rules" to be properly synchronized into Odoo (coupon code will be added to description of the product line). (watch video)
- NEW! Added global config to allow sending tax included OR tax excluded sales price. (watch video)
- NEW! Allow defining special ZERO tax that will be used in case there are no taxes defined on the imported sales order line. (watch video)
- NEW! Added step in configuration wizard that is allowing to define which Product Fields from Magento 2 should be attributes in Odoo. (watch video)
- NEW! Added possibility to use webhooks in Magento 2 to track order status change on Magento 2 side (based on https://github.com/mageplaza/magento-2-webhook: Mageplaza Webhook for Magento 2 supports online store to send an API request via a webhook to a configurable destination (URL) when specific trigger events take place. Webhook a very useful and necessary tool which allows stores to update instant and real-time notifications. Magento extension).
- Export tracking number in case it is added after Picking is moved to the "Done" state (when using some third-party connectors).
- Improve connector to allow exporting more than 10K products.
- Added a new field on the customer to have “Company Name” as a separate field. This field is also used when displaying customer addresses on Odoo forms and on printed PDF forms (e.g. Invoices, Pickings and etc.).
- Set the order date in Odoo to be the same as in the Shopify order. Previously it was changed by Odoo standard mechanism during order confirmation.
- Fix auto-workflow action “Validate Picking“ not validating pickings in case of multi-step delivery.
- “Force Export to External“ action on products is now sending products to Magento 2 even if automatic products export from Odoo is disabled in integration settings.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
- 1.2.7 (2022-12-14)
- Fixed creation of mappings during the initial product import.
- 1.2.6 (2022-11-25)
- Fixed import or products when there are duplicate product attributes.
- 1.2.5 (2022-11-11)
- Added data-migration for external contacts.
- 1.2.4 (2022-11-11)
- Fix for handling a Guest-customer in order.
- 1.2.3 (2022-11-07)
- Added compatibility with partner_firstname module from OCA.
- 1.2.2 (2022-10-28)
- Fixed Feature Value creation.
- Fixed “Import External Records“ running for Product Variants from Jobs.
- Fixed calculation of discount in Odoo if there are several taxes in sales order.
- 1.2.1 (2022-10-18)
- Fix for finding external tax from mapping table.
- Import customers functionality was not working with all queue_job module versions.
- 1.2.0 (2022-10-10)
- NEW! Allow exporting of product quantities both in real-time and by cron. Make it configurable on the “Inventory“ tab on sales integration. (watch video)
- NEW! Allow defining which field should be synchronized when sending the stock to the e-Commerce system. Allowing 3 options: “Free To Use Quantity“, “On Hand Quantity” and “Forecasted Quantity”. (watch video)
- NEW! Implemented wizard allowing to import customers based on the last update date. (watch video)
- NEW! Added setting to allow automatic creation of Delivery Carrier and Taxes in Odoo if the existing mapping is not found (during initial import and during Sales Order Import). (watch video)
- When an order is created with an existing partner make sure to also emulate the selection of partner on the Odoo interface so needed fields from the partner will be filled in (Payment Terms, Fiscal Positions and etc.).
- TECHNICAL! Improve the retry mechanism for importing products and executing workflow actions to workaround concurrent update errors in some cases (e.g. sales order was not auto-confirmed and remained in draft state).
- Do not create webhooks automatically in case integration is activated. Users need to do it manually by clicking the “Create Webhooks“ button on “Webhooks“ tab inside integration.
- Set the proper fiscal position on automatic order import according to Fiscal Position settings.
- When a product in Odoo with a single attribute value for EVERY attribute is exported to Magento, connector creates a Simple Product with this attribute added to the “Attributes“ section on the product page (so it is becoming searchable).
- Before updating product in Magento, retrieve it’s current SKU from Magento 2, to use it for product update. Magento 2 allows to products records only by SKU.
- Improved logic for handling bundle products during receiving orders from Magento 2 to Odoo.
- Before linking shipping and billing address to imported order, make sure it have exactly same address in it as in downloaded order. Magento 2 allows to edit address in existing order from admin console (before it was imported to Odoo) and that may result in incorrect delivery address settings on Odoo side.
- Improved manual mapping of product variants and product templates in case template has only 1 variant.
- 1.1.0 (2022-09-05)
- NEW! Major feature. Introduced auto workflow that allows based on sales order status: to validate sales order, create and validate invoice for it and register payment on created invoice. Configuration is flexible and can be done individually for every SO status.
- 1.0.0 (2022-07-10)
- Odoo integration with Magento 2.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.
Best Odoo Magento connector on the market!
We've used a different widely used Odoo-Magento connector before, but decided to switch to VentorTech.
Although switching one of the most important parts of your business to a different manufacturer is no easy task, VentorTech is up to this task! The switch from our old connector to the new one went as smooth as possible!
The connector itself is a great improvement compared to our old solution. It's clear when something goes wrong with the synchronisation between both systems. This is then easily fixable by the user. Pretty much everything is configurable to fit your business needs. They took the very wise approach to not write an extension for Magento, but use the standard API. This reduced complexity a lot. You can clearly tell VentorTech is fluent in Odoo and they have build a great connector!
The support from VentorTech is the best we've ever experienced. All are problems are quickly solved. Custom work is done for a reasonable price and then included in the next release.
10/10 would recommend VentorTech to anyone using both Odoo and Magento!