Sale Order Approval Workflowby XFanis https://xfanis.dev
• Invoicing (account)
|Lines of code||608|
|Also available in version||v 14.0 v 13.0|
Dynamic, Customizable and Flexible Approval Process for Sale Orders
This module helps to create multiple custom, flexible and dynamic approval cycle for sale orders based on sales team settings.
- Sales Module Administrator can configure unlimited approval process rules by creating Sales Teams
- Approval Cycle can be generated dynamically based on Total Amount of Sale Order
- Each Approver can be included to SO approval workflow depending on the settings of the Minimum or Maximum Amount fields
- SO Approval Process can be used optionally or forcibly, depending on the module settings
- Locking Total Amount of SO after approval from particular approver or after generating approval route
- Unlimited level of "step by step" approval process
- Multi Company and Multi Currency features of Odoo System are supported
- Improved access rights for the Sales module based on team settings
How it works:
After module installation new settings block will be displayed:
- No - approval cycle functionality disabled.
- Optional - SO approval workflow can be used based on initiator (Salesperson) choice.
- Required - sales order approval cycle is required. It means user should select SO Team with approvers on create Quotation.
Each Administrator of the Sales Module has access to create and manage sales teams.
The form looks like in the screenshot below:
Enter name of the team, select team leader and add approvers. Optionally you can set Minimum or Maximum Amount for each person.
The tabs with members and approvers have useful hints and suggestions. Also there is the additional tab with improved access rights explanation:
If Lock Amount Total checkbox is enabled the system prevents updating order lines after
As Approver can be selected any User of the Sales Module. Also you should enter Role/Position of the Approver. If information is available, system will try to set approver`s Job Title or Job Position in this field.
The system generates approval route using Total Amount value of SO and Minimum/Maximum Amount value for Approver.
- If Minimum Amount is not set, approver should approve each order.
- If Minimum Amount is set and Total Amount is less than Minimum Amount, then approver will be skipped.
- If Maximum Amount is set and Total Amount is greater than Maximum Amount, then the approver will be skipped.
Also you can enable the option Lock Amount Total. If this checkbox is enabled user can not update order lines after approval. An error will be triggered if the system detects a change in the Total.
Sale Order Form:
After creating SO user clicks the "Confirm" button. After that a request to approve to the first approver will be sent:
Pending - is the status for current approver
Each approver will be requested to approve SO step by step by email notification:
Only current approver can see the "Approve" button:
After the last approval SO is moving to the "Sale Order" state and approval process is closing.
It is easy to understand and start to use this module.
But if there are any complications, do not hesitate to contact me and I will try to help you.
If you have an idea or suggestion for this module, you can share it with me.
If I like this idea, I will implement it in future versions of the module.
If you want to display detailed dashboard based on all sale orders, please look that module: Sales Dashboard
Please note that to send email notifications to approvers an outgoing email server should be configured.
If your Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) supports SRS (Sender Rewriting Scheme), your users can send and receive notification. However, that is more complex and requires more technical knowledge.
Instead, you can install additional module to Replace "Email From" and "Reply To" parameters of outgoing emails.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.