Odoo Advance Email Configuratorby Silent Infotech Pvt. Ltd. https://silentinfotech.com
|Lines of code||754|
|Also available in version||v 10.0 v 15.0 v 11.0 v 14.0 v 12.0 v 13.0|
Odoo Advance Email Configurator
- Odoo Advance Email Configurator helps to auto-configure the incoming and outgoing mail servers directly from the preferences.
- It makes convenient to use both the mail server parameters in one category.
- It also allows to fetch new emails (using IMAP) received from the last time they were downloaded and successfully processed, in addition to 'unread' status.
- In case of errors found during the processing of an email, Odoo will re-attempt to fetch the emails from the last date and time they were successfully received and processed.
- With this easy to use functionality, you will be able to save your precious time and quickly can access the mail servers.
- This module provides the functionality of prioritizing the mail server self configured by the user. However, if the mail server of user is not available then it will by default prioritize the existing mail servers.
Privacy protection related with user's credentials.
The user has to share credentials (Password and ID) with the admin in order to configure the Email servers which used to be a privacy concern. But now that is solved as the user can configure the Emails without sharing the creds.
Access Rights for setting up the preferences.
The user had no access rights to configure the Email as it was the task of the admin.But using this, the user has the access rights to configure the Emails without sharing the creds with the admin.
Fetch mail using IMAP/POP by date.
It is very easy to Configure incoming mail server in Odoo. But to fetch the Emails (by date) was an issue which is now solved through this module.
Send emails using user's SMTP.
Everything is being sent from the united SMTP server (outgoing e-mail server), that sends the message to the recipient. The name of the used, that send the e-mail, is being used as the sender email.
In case of errors, Successful re-attempt retrieval of emails from the mail server.
In case of errors found during the processing of an email, Odoo will re-attempt to fetch the emails from the last date and time they were successfully received and processed.
'Unread messages' are easily fetched without change in their status.
The new mails are fetched by date using IMAP server. The mails which are in 'Unread' status will remain as it is and it will be fetched in the same status.
Prioritizing the mail server configured by the user.
This module provides the functionality of prioritizing the mail server self configured by the user. However, if the mail server of user is not available then it will by default prioritize the existing mail servers.
The user can easily configure the mail servers through preferences. Once the provider is been created by the admin the users have the simplicity of selecting the provider without the complicacy of configuring the Incoming and the outgoing mail servers in a repeat pattern.
The users can only set the configured providers allowed by the admin.
NOTE: For Office 365/Outlook, please configure the Microsoft Outlook app for Oauth 2.0 authentication.
How to Install
- For Installation - Go to apps -> Search 'odoo advance email configurator' -> Install.
How to Use
- After Installation - Go to settings -> (Username) -> Preferences.
- The provider can be directly selected from the preferences.
- Go to settings -> General settings -> Auto generate ( tick ).
- If auto generate is selected, then when the user is created, it will automatically configure Incoming and outgoing mail server.
- When the Auto generate is not selected, then user can configure the servers from preferences.
- Go to settings -> Technical settings -> Provider -> Create -> Save.
- The providers created by default
Odoo Advance Email Configurator
This module helps to auto-configure the incoming and outgoing mail servers directly from the preferences.
This functionality allows to merge the Incoming mail server and outgoing mail server parameters in one category.
This module allows to fetch new emails (using IMAP) received from the last time they were downloaded and successfully processed, in addition to 'unseen' status.
Users with authorization to edit the email server in Odoo can introduce a new date and time to download from.
In case of errors found during the processing of an email Odoo will re-attempt to fetch the emails from the last date and time they were successfully received and processed.
To enable this, you have to set a "User" if it is existing or create a new "User". Go to "settings" --> Users and companies --> Users --> Create --> Save.
For Installation - Go to apps --> Search “odoo advance email configurator” --> Install.
After Installation - Go to settings --> (Username) --> Preferences.
The provider can be directly selected from the preferences.
To enable this, you have to set a 'Last Fetch Date' in the fetchmail.server After that, emails with an internal date greater than the saved one will be downloaded.
- Odoo will attempt to fetch emails starting from the 'Last Fetch Date' defined in the email server. If all mails have been processed successfully,
it will update this date with the latest message received.
Go to settings --> General settings --> Auto generate ( tick ).
If auto generate is selected, then when the user is created, it will automatically configure Incoming and outgoing mail server.
When the Auto generate is not selected, then user can configure the servers from preferences.
Go to settings --> Technical settings --> Provider --> Create --> Save.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.
Hi, is it compatible with Multicompany?...if yes, under compatibiity I mean : each company should use its own and dedicated imap email account, from different domain.
let me know
Thanks for reaching out to us!
This module will work with Multi-Company, but for all the companies, same mail configuration will be applied by default. I hope this answers your question. If you want to apply this additional features, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We can discuss on how to achieve this feature on top of the module.
Highly satisfied with this module. Its working perfectly with Odoo 16.
Re: Great Features
Thanks Kevin for these feedbacks. Here is the overview guide of features which may be helpful in case of understanding the working of the apps features - https://silentinfotech.com/blog/odoo-advance-email-configurator/