|Lines of code
Odoo Translation Override
Introducing our Translation Override Module tailored for Odoo 16.0.
Due to the core translation functionality changes in Odoo 16.0, the conventional methods of overriding original Odoo translations have become a challenge. Our solution? A powerful module that not only addresses this issue but enhances your translation experience.
- Keep all of your personalized translations in a single folder
- Utilize personalized translation files for Odoo core modules.
- Adapt the language to meet specific business requirements.
Mass Import Translations:
- Simplify the translation process with a user-friendly tool.
- Override noupdate translations, including mail templates, with ease.
- Stay organized with a robust search tool for locating terms within translations.
- Visualize the module associated with each translation for a clearer understanding.
Upgrade your Odoo experience with our Translation Override Module, providing essential tools for efficient language customization.
Table of contents
- Navigate to lgnd_translations/translations folder
- Place your translation files in lgnd_translations/translations/<module name>/i18n folder.
Note: Name the file according to language code. i.e 'fi.po' or 'fi_FI.po'.
- Settings > Translations > Mass Import Translations.
- Run the Mass Import Translations tool and select which translations to import.
- Choose the 'Force Overwrite' option if you want to override noupdate records such as mail templates.
Code translations are loaded automatically, but are cached by odoo so changes may not be visible.
After you have made changes to translations or new translation files have been added, you will have to either:
- Restart odoo server
- Use the clear translation cache feature found in Settings > Translations > Clear translation cache
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.