Use python chardet module to detect import csv file encoding. And remove BOM header in UTF8 file.
- ASCII, UTF-8
- Big5, GBK, GB2312, HZ-GB, HZ-GB-2312 (Traditional and Simplified Chinese)
- EUC-JP, SHIFT_JIS, ISO-2022-JP (Japanese)
- EUC-KR, ISO-2022-KR (Korean)
- KOI8-R, MacCyrillic, IBM855, IBM866, ISO-8859-5, windows-1251 (Cyrillic)
- ISO-8859-2, windows-1250 (Hungarian)
- ISO-8859-5, windows-1251 (Bulgarian)
- windows-1252 (English)
- ISO-8859-7, windows-1253 (Greek)
- ISO-8859-8, windows-1255 (Visual and Logical Hebrew)
- TIS-620 (Thai)
This module is web addon and only for web.
- python chardet (This module have chartdet-1.1, it would use the newer if you install a newer version.)
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.
i installed it on V8 and tried to import hebrew letters but all comes out is ????????????????????? signs... why?