Belgium - Advanced CODA statements Importby Noviat http://www.noviat.com
eInvoicing & Payments (account_voucher)
|Also available in version||v 8.0 v 11.0 v 9.0 v 12.0|
Module to import CODA bank statements
- CODA v1 support.
- CODA v2.x support.
- Foreign Currency support.
- Support for all data record types (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9).
- Parsing & logging of all Transaction Codes and Structured Format Communications.
- Automatic Financial Journal assignment via CODA configuration parameters.
- Support for multiple Journals per Bank Account Number.
- Support for multiple statements from different bank accounts in a single CODA file.
- Support for 'parsing only' CODA Bank Accounts (defined as type='info' in the CODA Bank Account configuration records).
- Multi-language CODA parsing, parsing configuration data provided for EN, NL, FR.
The machine readable CODA Files are parsed and stored in human readable format in CODA Bank Statements. Also Bank Statements are generated containing a subset of the CODA information (only those transaction lines that are required for the creation of the Financial Accounting records). The CODA Bank Statement is a 'read-only' object, hence remaining a reliable representation of the original CODA file whereas the Bank Statement will get modified as required by accounting business processes.
CODA Bank Accounts configured as type 'Info' will only generate CODA Bank Statements.
A removal of one object in the CODA processing results in the removal of the associated objects. The removal of a CODA File containing multiple Bank Statements will also remove those associated statements.
- The Company's Bank Account Number of the CODA statement is compared against the Bank Account Number field of the Company's CODA Bank Account configuration records (whereby CODA Bank Accounts defined as type='info' configuration records are ignored). If this is the case an 'internal transfer' transaction is generated using the Internal Transfer Account' field of the CODA File Import wizard.
- Outgoing payments are matched with the corresponding invoice/refund via the SEPA EndToEndReference field (requires l10n_be_coda_pain module).
- As a next step the 'Structured Communication' field of the CODA transaction line is matched against the reference field of in- and outgoing invoices (supported: Belgian Structured Communication Type). In case of such a match, the transaction will be reconciled automatically (full or partial).
- When a 'Free Format Communication' is used, a lookup is performed on outstanding invoices. Reconciliation will take place when all of the following conditions are met:
- exact match of transaction amount
- invoice/refund number (case insensitive) or structured communication is present within the Free Format Communication string (substring match).
- If the Sale Order number is found in the 'Free Format Communication' the matching will be performed with the Sale Order Invoices (requires account_coda_sale module).
- When the previous steps do not result in a match, the transaction counterparty is located via the Bank Account Number configured on the OpenERP Customer and Supplier records.
- After the previous steps, the Account Mapping Rules engine determines the general account to assign for the transaction. Also the required action is defined such as the automatic creation of accounting moves with resulting account and tax case.
- In case none of the previous steps are successful, the transaction is created with the 'Default Account for Unrecognized Movement' to allow further manual processing.
In stead of a manual adjustment of the generated Bank Statements, you can also re-import the CODA after updating the OpenERP database with the information that was missing to allow automatic reconciliation.
CODA v1 support
In some cases a transaction code, transaction category or structured communication code has been given a new or clearer description in CODA v2.The description provided by the CODA configuration tables is based upon the CODA v2 specifications. If required, you can manually adjust the descriptions via the CODA configuration menu.
This module is NOT compatible with the l10n_be_coda module. You should uninstall the l10n_be_coda module before activating this module.
This module requires 184.108.40.206 of the account_bank_statement_extensions module. You can download this version from the Noviat launchpad branch.
We recommend to run this module in combination with the following Noviat modules:
You can download these from the Noviat launchpad branch.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help with the implementation of Advanced CODA processing in OpenERP.
account_asset module documentation
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.