Extended view inheritanceby Therp BV https://github.com/OCA/server-tools , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/server-tools
|Also available in version||v 12.0 v 11.0 v 13.0 v 9.0 v 10.0 v 14.0|
Extended view inheritance
This module was written to make it simple to add custom operators for view inheritance. It also adds a field user_ids to restrict view inheritance to certain users.
Change a python dictionary (context for example)
<attribute name="$attribute" operation="python_dict" key="$key"> $new_value </attribute>
Note that views are subject to evaluation of xmlids anyways, so if you need to refer to some xmlid, say %(xmlid)s.
Move an element in the view
<xpath expr="$xpath" position="move" target="$targetxpath" />
This can also be used to wrap some element into another, create the target element first, then move the node youwant to wrap there.
Add to values in a list (states for example)
<attribute name="$attribute" operation="list_add"> $new_value(s) </attribute>
Remove values from a list (states for example)
<attribute name="$attribute" operation="list_remove"> $remove_value(s) </attribute>
Known issues / Roadmap
- add <attribute operation="json_dict" key="$key">$value</attribute>
- support <xpath expr="$xpath" position="move" target="xpath" target_position="position" />
- support an eval attribute for our new node types
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
Do not contact contributors directly about help with questions or problems concerning this addon, but use the community mailing list or the appropriate specialized mailinglist for help, and the bug tracker linked in Bug Tracker above for technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.