This module was written to implement the WOPI protocol in order to allow online collaborative editing and viewing of office files. This works with LibreOffice online/Collabora online and probably also with Office 365.
To install this module, you need to:
- have a WOPI client available. For testing, use one of the Collabora or Libreoffice docker images. The first works out of the box, but is rate limited, the second needs manual interaction, but is unmodified. The Nextcloud documentation contains some information on how to get this running
- have your instance accessible on port 443 via your WOPI client and should have a valid SSL certificate
- use a dbfilter if necessary to have unauthenticated requests ending up in the database you want
To configure this module, you need to:
- fill in your WOPI client URL in the configuration wizard
To use this module, you need to:
- on any supported attachment, click the edit button
Known issues / Roadmap
- implement quasi permanent public shares a la google docs
- whoever want to get their hands dirty with Microsoft should find our how to integrate this with Office 365
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
- Holger Brunn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Do not contact contributors directly about help with questions or problems concerning this addon, but use the community mailing list or the appropriate specialized mailinglist for help, and the bug tracker linked in Bug Tracker above for technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.