Project Time Management - Activity Schedulingby Eficent http://project.expert , Matmoz d.o.o. http://project.expert , Project Expert Team http://project.expert
Project Management (project)
|Also available in version||v 8.0|
Project Time Management
- The user accesses from Project - Project – Tasks to the list of tasks and milestones.
- A new tab 'Scheduling' appears under Other Info. This tab displays attributes relating to the task scheduling.
- The network diagram is first determined, based on the relationships between activities.
- Starting from the first activity identified, the network goes forward first to determine the early dates of tasks, taking into account the task durations, limitations imposed start date of tasks or actual start date.
- Starting from the last activity identified, the network is executed backwards to determine the late date, taking into account the task durations, limitations to date of completion of the work or the actual end dates.
- For those tasks that are in the critical path of the network indicator is marked 'Is in the Critical Path
- The Total Margin (Total float) and Free margin (Free Float) is determined.
- The method used is the Critical Chain Method (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Path_Method).
- The method is calculated taking into account an existing algorithm, similar to the following existing code: (http://www.codeproject.com/KB/recipes/CriticalPathMethod.aspx).
- The critical path is calculated using the Dijkstra algorithm
- The module automatically takes care of its dependencies and is ready for use after the installation
This module is maintained by Project Expert Team.
Project Expert is a joint effort between EFICENT (Barcelona, Spain) and MATMOZ (Ljubljana, Slovenia), both active members of Odoo Community Association (OCA). Since 2017 the development team was joined by LUXIM (Nova Gorica, Slovenia) after MATMOZ and LUXIM began the company merging process.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.