Security rules for sales teams
This module sets different permissions levels for accessing sales and CRM records based on the sales team: customers, sales orders, leads, opportunities, phone calls and sales teams.
It also handles the propagation of the sales team from commercial partners to the contacts, which standard doesn't make.
At installation time, this module sets in all the contacts that have the sales team empty the sales team of the parent. If you have a lot of contacts, this operation can take a while.
On the user configuration (Configuration > Users > Users), select in the Sales Team section the option "See only own team". Then, the documents mentioned before will be filtered out to have only those belonging to the teams the user belongs to.
This is complementary to the "Sales" level access, but sometimes can be incoherent depending on the combination chosen. If you chose "See Own Leads" on Sales section, marking or unmarking the sales team check will be irrelevant, because the most restricting level, which is the sales one, will prevail.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- This module is designed for supporting only sales part, so someone that has access to other Odoo parts (for example, an accountant), shouldn't have this new permission, or some access errors will be found when seeing invoices and other documents. A sales_team_security_account bridge module can be done for fixing this case, but not in the case of for example warehouse.
- Pedro M. Baeza <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.