Fixed-Width Layout Snippets for Writing Emailsby Antiun Ingeniería S.L. https://www.tecnativa.com , Tecnativa https://www.tecnativa.com , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://www.tecnativa.com
Website Builder (website)
Fixed-Width Layout Snippets for Writing Emails
This module extends the functionality of the website mail designer with new snippets with a fixed-width layout that works fine across any mail client, including MS Outlook.
This module is prepared to be compatible with module website_mail_bg_color. If you install it, you will be able to change snippets' background colors, but it is not required.
To use this module, you need to:
- Install any module that makes use of the website mail designer, such as mass_mailing.
- Edit an email with the website mail designer.
- You have a new collection of snippets under Fixed 560px Width section. Use them as usual.
If you choose the Horizontal Separator snippet, you will be able to set its height too. For that, you will have to aim carefully to click inside the green line, and then use the option that will float above it.
Known issues / Roadmap
- Snippet code is ugly, but that's because mail client HTML engines usually lack many of the modern CSS and HTML features. I hope we will be able to improve this as mail clients keep improving.
- To set the Horizontal Separator height, you have to click inside it, which will insert a <br type="_moz"/> in Firefox, that will make it seem like its height is at least like a caret, even if you set a lower value. Do not worry, it goes away when you press Save.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.