Fetchmail by Dateby Innoviu https://github.com/OCA/server-tools/tree/9.0 , Agile Business Group https://github.com/OCA/server-tools/tree/9.0 , Eficent https://github.com/OCA/server-tools/tree/9.0 , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/server-tools/tree/9.0
|Also available in version||v 7.0|
This module allows to fetch new emails (using IMAP) received from the last time they were downloaded and successfully processed, in addition to 'unseen' status.
Users with authorization to edit the email server in Odoo can introduce a new date and time to download from.
In case of errors found during the processing of an email Odoo will re-attempt to fetch the emails from the last date and time they were successfully received and processed.
To enable this, you have to set a 'Last Download Date' in the fetchmail.server After that, emails with an internal date greater than the saved one will be downloaded.
Odoo will attempt to fetch emails starting from the 'Last Download Date' defined in the email server. If all mails have been processed successfully, it will update this date with the latest message received.
System administrators need to be attentive to the Odoo logs, looking for errors raised during the processing of emails, in order to avoid situations where lots of emails are downloaded and reprocessed every time, due to errors found in a few old emails that were unattended.
Known issues / Roadmap
- This module should not be used together with the OCA module fetchmail_notify_error_to_sender, because this other module sends an email to the author of an email when it could not be processed. And you would be spamming to the original authors every time Odoo tries to re-process the email.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smash it by providing detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
- Lorenzo Battistini <email@example.com>
- Alessio Gerace
- Jordi Ballester <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.