Point of Sale - Tare barecode labels for loose goodsby Le Nid,Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/pos
Point of Sale (point_of_sale)
• Sales Management (sale)
• Invoicing (account)
• Inventory Management (stock)
|Also available in version||v 9.0|
Point of Sale - Tare barecode labels for loose goods
This add-on enables POS to read and print tare barcodes. We print a barcode tare label to sell loose goods in a Bring Your Own pot (BYOC) scheme.
- The BYOC scheme has five steps:
- The cashier weighs the pot and sticks the tare barcode onto the customer’s pot.
- The customer go and put loose goods into the labeled pot.
- The cashier weighs the pot with loose goods inside. POS computes the price including the pot.
- The cashier scans the tare barcode. POS get the pot weight from the barcode. POS subtracts the pot weight from the weight of the latest product. POS sets the billable price for the loose goods.
- The customer pays.
This add-on adds a news screen to POS to print (web) the tare barcode labels. This add-on enables POS to read a tare barcode. Reading a barcode makes POS adjust the weight of the latest article in the order list. The new weight is equal to the total weight minus the tare weight. The price is updated accordingly to the weight change.
POS home screen is now:
The label screen is:
When we read a weight the impression button is enabled
A barcode label looks like:
Zoom on the action widget:
Table of contents
Install this add-on and configure the point of sale where you want to be able to use the tare barecode. The label printing is done using web print. To streamline the label printing it is advised to use the silent printing mode (firefox) or the kiosk printing (chrome).
The command line to start a chrome base browser in kiosk mode with silent printing looks like:
chromium-browser --use-system-default-printer --kiosk --kiosk-printing http://localhost:8069/
- Merge with Sylvain LE GAL tare module that allows user to set tare on the scale screen.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Le Nid
- Sylvain LE GAL
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/pos project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.