Rentalby Akretion https://github.com/OCA/sale-workflow , Sodexis https://github.com/OCA/sale-workflow , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/sale-workflow
Sales Management (sale)
• Invoicing (account)
• Inventory Management (stock)
|Also available in version||v 10.0 v 8.0 v 15.0 v 12.0 v 14.0|
With this module, you can rent products with Odoo. This module supports:
- regular rentals,
- rental extensions,
- sale of rented products.
In the menu Sales > Products > Product Variants, on the form view of a stockable product or consumable, in the Rental tab, there is a button Create Rental Service which starts a wizard to generate the corresponding rental service.
In the menu Warehouse > Configuration > Warehouses, on the form view of the warehouse, in the Technical Information tab, you will see two additional stock locations: Rental In (stock of products to rent) and Rental Out (products currently rented). In the Warehouse Configuration tab, make sure that the option Rental Allowed is checked.
To use the module, you need to have access to the form view of sale order lines. For that, you must add your user to one of these groups:
- Manage Product Packaging
- Properties on lines
In a sale order line (form view, not tree view), if you select a rental service, you can :
- create a new rental with a start date and an end date: when the sale order is confirmed, it will generate a delivery order and an incoming shipment.
- extend an existing rental: the incoming shipment will be postponed to the end date of the extension.
In a sale order line, if you select a product that has a corresponding rental service, you can decide to sell the rented product that the customer already has. If the sale order is confirmed, the incoming shipment will be cancelled and a new delivery order will be created with a stock move from Rental Out to Customers.
Please refer to this screencast <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o0QrGryBn8> to get a demo of the installation, configuration and use of this module (note that this screencast is for Odoo v7).
Known issues / Roadmap
This module has the following limitations:
- No support for planning/agenda of the rented products
- the unit of measure of the rental services must be Day (the rental per hours / per week / per month is not supported for the moment)
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Alexis de Lattre <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.