Purchase Management (purchase)
• Inventory Management (stock)
• Invoicing (account)
• Sales Management (sale)
Vendor Consignment Stock
This module allows to have stock in the company warehouse that still belongs to a vendor. This practice is normally known as "Vendor Consignment Stock".
This module implements a special flow that starts with a Sale Order. Three cases are possible depending on the owner specified in the sale order line.
- If no owner is specified in the sale order line, it means we are selling our own goods. As usual in standard Odoo, the procurement will choose routes as configured in the product, category, warehouse or order line. Only stock belonging to us will be reserved in the generated delivery.
- If the owner specified in the sale order line is the customer of the order, that means that we are asked to send to a customer their own stock. We can do so right away, and only his stock will be reserved in the generated delivery.
- If the owner specified in the sale order line is not he customer of the
order, that means that we are dealing with "Vendor Consignment Stock". Even
though the goods are already in our warehouse, we need to purchase them from
the vendor. In that case, on validation of the sale, a special Request for
Quotation will be generated, with the following characteristics:
- It is marked as "VCI", and can be easily found with a "VCI" filter that has been added to the search view.
- The supplier is not the one configured in the product as in the case for normal purchases. It is instead the owner that has been specified in the sale line.
- Once validated, this purchase will not generate a picking since we already have the goods in stock. Instead, validation of the purchase will make the delivery to the customer available.
Note that the VCI flow (3) is of the "Make to order" kind. That means that the purchase order will always be for the quantity sold, even if a small quantity would suffice. That logic is very similar to the standard "Make to Order, Buy" flow in Odoo.
Also note that the user has to choose manually the vendor in the sale order line in order to use the special VCI flow (3. above). On the other hand, the routes "Make to Order" and "Buy VCI" are automatically selected in the generated procurement.
In the same fashion of the purchase and mrp modules, the routes and procurement rules are generated and updated automatically for all warehouses. A flag labeled "Purchase from VCI to resupply this warehouse" has been added to choose if we want this to happen.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback here.
- Leonardo Pistone <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.
Is there have version for odoo10 ?