Custom shortcut iconby Therp BV https://github.com/OCA/web , Tecnativa https://github.com/OCA/web , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/web
Custom shortcut icon (favicon)
This module was written to allow you to customize your Odoo instance's shortcut icon (aka favicon). This is useful for branding purposes, but also for integrators who have many different Odoo instances running and need to see at a glance which browser tab does what.
More info about favicon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon
Upload your favicon (16x16, 32x32, 64x64 or "as big as possible") on the company form. The file format would be ico, gif or png with 16x16, 32x32 or 64x64 pixels and 16 colors. Highers resolutions or colors support depends on the used browser, but most modern browsers do.
Note that most browsers cache favicons basically forever, so if you want your icon to show up, you'll most probably have to delete you browser cache. Some browsers can refresh the favicon, accessing the URL <base_url>/web_favicon/favicon.
You have a sample SVG that can be used as template for generating your icon in /static/src/img/master_original_favicon.svg. You can also search for some favicon generators across the web.
Known issues / Roadmap
- Allow to upload some big icon (preferrably SVG or the like) and generate all the icons from it
- Generate icons suitable for mobile devices and web apps (see /static/src/img/ folder inside the module for a sample of the possible current formats.
- Put the icon definition at system level, not at company level. It doesn't make sense (as the icon is cached) to have a different icon per company.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback here.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.