What we focus our attention becomes our reality
Nibbana is a personal project and task management system implementing GTD™ concept.
- Pure Gettings Things Done (GTD)™ implementation.
- Performance Metrics to keep moving the chains.
- Analytics and retro analysis.
- Original Nibbana's way to balance Your Wheel of Life and know the Tao.
According to GTD™ concept You get everyting out of Your head as soon as it appears there.
Nothing should distract You from keeping You acting on Your current focus. Collect every new issue in Inbox.
Later when it is time to organize You process Your Inbox list and convert items to tasks, projects or references.
Nearly everyting is a project. According to GTD™ statisitcs an ordinary human has about 100 open projects from different areas of his life. Load all Your projects off into Nibbana and let it help You to be empty, happy and productive!
One of Nibbana's main concepts is focus of Your attention. You select some projects You want to focus this day and set them as active. All other projects become inactive and You can forget about them for this day.
A Task is an atomic piece of work. According to GTD™ task can be in one of the following states:
- Someday / May be
Reference is a piece of information related to a project. If something is not actionable - it's a reference information.
References also support active / inactive concept showing by default only references from projects in active state.
Area is a core GTD™ concept. Every project is related to an area of life or responsibility.
Areas of Your projects make up Your Wheel of Life. Nibbana helps You to get it balanced as You can easily see how Your projects are distributed according to it. See here for details.
Your active projects make up Your Epicenter.
When it's time to act You forget about everything else. From each active project only one next step is taken. So You see just one thing to do.
All the day try to concentrate on Your sequential actions. Make Your chain going.
Here is Your full Epicenter. All next steps from all active projects are here.
Actually this view can give Your current Wheel of Life. You can see how balanced is Your Epicenter.
If You see a long list probably You tend to overload Yourself and lie Yourself about how many tasks You can manage. Try to keep Your Epicenter as focused and small as possible.
Nibbana keeps track as You go with it.
You can see new tasks / projects rate (rate of incoming work), Your done projects and tasks rate, structure of Your Wheel of Life as days pass by.
New fun features like karma and more is going to come ;-)
Send bugs or feature requests here.
- Nibbana concepts
- User features
- What makes Nibbana different
- Nibbana's way
What we focus are attention becomes our reality
I am mad about productivity and effectiveness. I was used to use Getting Things Done (GTD) by David Allen and Auto Focus methods by Mark Forster and could not find a software product to satisfy all I need. Everything what I tried was missing some part of the wholeness. So I met Odoo and created Nibbana.
- GTD implementation with energy and available time conditions. Inbox, Areas, Contexts, Next, Waiting, Someday, Scheduled.
- Do it today / Do it tomorrow by Mark Forster. Mix of GTD and these two technics makes possible the real juggling.
- Analitycs and metrics. Odoo actually is a business platform with nice anaylitics features. Metrics are recorded as you go with your projects and tasks so that you get a clear picture of what you do and how you do.
Here is the list of unique feature not present anywhere I know.
- Nibbana only seems to be a project & task management tool. In reality it is a tool that can help you balance your life. If you follow Nibbana's way of managing your issues you will able to track your Wheel of Life.
- Retro analisys. Nibbana does not put your projects in the trash. It keeps it hidden from everywhere until you want to rewind. Looking back at the history of your days you can notice that some projects are coming from the very past and still make you worried about. These projects seem to be your karma :-) You can notice that you go round by round without success and suddenly undestand your blind spot that made you not succeed. Nibbana gives you the ability to see your current projects and tasks after some time the same form as they look now. It's like your time machine.
- Metrics. Nibbana remembers how you use it. It gives your a visual representation of how active you are moving your projects and tasks along its life cycle. If you start to procrastinate Nibbana tries to wake you up. You can understand your limits. Also you can see the truth about youself.
If you want to get all benefits from this software your should follow the path described below.
- Be born every morning. If you want to make the God laugh tell him about your plans. It's not a joke. It's a deep truth about true nature of reality. As soon as you have a plan it becomes outdated. All other projects tools show a dead picture. You make your plan yesterday according to your ideas of yesterday. A new day has come and it has its own ideas about you :-). Not your plan will make your day. You cannot predict how the Life will go. The Life will tell you by its daily waves of activities. Sometimes it will be related to yesterday tasks. Sometimes it will force you to forget everything you have wanted to do today. But it is not easy to leave your goals. It is a pain when your plan is ruined. Frustration is a shadow of any plan. Can you be happy if you are in frustration? Nibbana helps your to become a Fenix which is born every day. Nibbana disactivated all your projects every night and in the morning you have to decide what will make your day. After yesterday has passed away and tomorrow came you become more connected to the reality. You are new. You have new ideas. You have new priorities. Focus on it. Make it your daily epicenter. And forget for one day about all other things. Leave it to the care of the Big Mind of the Universe. Nibbana helps you to focus on your mission. Do your daily project juggling.
- Limit work in progress. Nibbana helps you to become honest with yourself. It's a total idiotism to take an unbearable burden day by day and cry about your energy, healh or broken life. Do what you can really do. You can keep in mind 3-5-7 things at the same time. There is no sense in lying yourself you can manage to do this all. Be honest and put your mind's limit :-) Mine is 2. Nibbana does not allow me to have more then 2 projects from an area. I just decide what is the project of the day. And what I will do if I get stuck on the first project. For me it's enouth :-)
- All is projects, not tasks so better create projects not tasks. We used to use projects as conainers for tasks and we operate tasks. Usually we create a project, then enter tasks view and start creating tasks. But we cannot predict 100% what steps are required to fullfil the project and our project decomposition (work breakdown structure - WBS) is just a plan. If we stick to the plan we could miss another opportunity to reach the project's goal as our filters are already set to the WBS defined. So my hint is to define only a few tasks which are really the next ones. When you complete these tasks then create the next next tasks according to the new point of the future. But better do not create all WBS tasks at all. So Nibbana is built taking the above into consideration. So, create and deal with projects, not tasks. Nibbana gives you a combined list of your projects and tasks in one view. If you define a project task you start to see the task instead of task's project. Projects with zero tasks are shown as projects. Usually a day shows what is the next task and if you want to keep the chain going (Done metrics) just create a task in Done state.
Some general tips and tricks:
- Use Odoo filters. Create your own filters for Areas.
- Use favorite filters!
Area represents a big part of one's life. Usually you'd like to focus on an area and see only projects from thar area. Area examples:
Each area has active project limit. When this limit is reached you cannot set project to Active state. You should inactivate one of your currently active projects first.
- Inactive. I don't like to see projects I am not going to work on today.
That's why I move them away as Inactive projects. Do not misuse with Waiting state. Waiting means I wait smth from somebody. It's a state. But status is inactive.
- Current - shows only tasks from projects in Active state.
- Focus - shows tasks with focus set. Only tasks from active projects are shown.
Time of deactivation is set in [[Settings]] >> Automation >> Scheduled Actions >> Refocus Nibbana projects with Next Execution Date field.
Now state of all Active projects will be set to Inactive and user having this feature enabled will start their day with building project plan for the day.
This feature is enabled by default on per user basis and is located in user's preferences form.
Sequential view is a real PostgreSQL view combining projects and tasks in one dataset. So depending on where the current record comes from (tasks or projects) a corresponding form is open. It's hard to hack Odoo to overwrite click-on-record behavior (if you know how to do it get in contact pls). As a solution there are icon buttons used to enter record details.
This is a feature. This is because they are Epicenter showing only Active projects and tasks without project in active states (next, today).
- Nibbana ported to Odoo 12.0.
- Timeline - added filter for timeline.
- Pricing - Nibbana base module is not free anymore.
- Timeline bug fix.
- Project statinfo buttons fix.
- Timeline - now you can see how you deal with projects, tasks and references in one place.
- Contacts page added to Projects, Task and Reference so that You can connect contacts with your work.
- Nibbana menu added with the following submenus:
- Settings - user settings moved from Preferences to Settings page.
- Support - You can join Telegram groups for announcements and talks and also can subscribe by email.
- About - information related to available Nibbana addons.
- Added metric filters based on date, default is "This week" so that all metric show by default week results.
- i18n ready! All strings are translatable. Anybody would like to add his localization ;-) ?
- Some small metric fixes.
- Project, task and reference now have Chatter widget. In version 11.0 activities are also there.
- Nibbana main menu (opened when you open Nibbana app) is now Act.
- Project / Task / Act group by area and context bug fix.
- Inbox convert to task/project error when context selected.
- Set domain for every view so that super admin will not bypass security rules and will not see projects of others.
- Version 11.0 cron issues.
- Renamed Tasks column in area tree view.
Bugfix release. Fixes:
- Project activation was also activating Done / Cancelled tasks.
Bugfix release. Fixes:
- Sequential Actions search and group by area fix.
- Sequential Actions search and group by context fix.
- Tasks group by context and areas fix.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.