Odoo Direct Print (PrintNode)
Print any report or shipping labels directly to any remote or local (USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) printer, without downloading PDF or ZPL!
The app connects Odoo to your PrintNode account and links all configured printers.
Click here to create a new PrintNode account for just 1 minute.
Each printer can be configured per user. This method allows you to print much faster as compared to the default Odoo printing method. Now you can print packing slips (PDF) on your regular A4 printer and shipping labels (ZPL) on any thermal Zebra printer, all at the same time. You can also configure automatic print while calling some action (beta), for example, print a SO right after clicking the "Validate" button.
Our Demo server is recreated every day at 12.00 AM (UTC). So all your manually entered data will be deleted.
- Works with both Odoo Community and Enterprise (self-hosted or odoo.sh)
- Prints different document types (ZPL, PDF) on different printers without downloading files
- Smart validation prohibits printing documents on unsupported printers, for example, A4 on A6 printers or PDF on ZPL printers
- Support of USB, Ethernet, WiFi, and Bluetooth printers; any format and manufacturer
- Flexible automatic printing configuration (for example, print a Sales Order PDF automatically after clicking on the “Confirm” button) (BETA)
- All kinds of reports (Sales orders, Delivery sleeps, Shipping labels, etc.) and paper sizes
- Manage access rights and configure each printer individually per user
- We can customize the app on demand based on your requirements
Configure action buttons to trigger automatic printing, for example, print a Packing slip after clicking to “Validate” the transfer.
Bugs, features request
If you have questions, need any help or have a customizations request, please contact us at email@example.com.
We also can set up and configure printers and required print actions in your company on demand.
Instalation and Configuration
The installation module requires the following knowledge:
- How to install a module on your Odoo Instance (self-hosted or odoo.sh)
- How to install PrintNode Client software (Linux based systems installation will require CUPS knowledge)
Module installation and configuration are not included in the module’s price. Refer to the “Documentation” tab in the current module for installation details.
If you need help, you can request paid support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about our Ventor mobile app for barcode scanners here.
* For environmental considerations, please consider printing only necessary paper documents.
Quick configuration guide
Steps for PrintNode
- Sign up for PrintNode to create a new account and generate an API key.
- To use PrintNode you need to install and run the PrintNode Client software on a computer that has access to all your printers in your network and is connected to the internet. (By the default Pricing Plan PrintNode supports installation of the client software on three different computers, but you can add more devices at any time.)
- Open the API menu and copy your API key for later use.
Steps for Odoo
- Install the Odoo PrintNode app on your Odoo server.
- Go to PrintNode app > Configuration > Accounts > Click CREATE > Insert your API key copied from earlier and click "save".
- Click on the "Import printers" button to get all printers from your PrinNode app.
- Go to user preferences, set up the default printer, and click in the "Print via PrintNode" checkbox (if the checkbox “Print via PrintNode” is set, then all documents will be auto-forwarded to the printer instead of downloading in PDF).
- That's it, you can now print directly on your default printers. Try to print any document, and make sure your printer is switched on!
Our Demo server is recreated every day at 12.00 AM (UTC). All your manually entered data will be deleted at this time.
If the system downloads reports instead of printing them, please check that the "Print via PrintNode" checkbox has been ticked:
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.
Amazing app (again)
Hello VentorTech Great plugin again as usual! Installed and works super nice. Perfect combination with Ventor mobile app to speed up logistic operations. Some tips for improvement: Possible to show somewhere (in topbar left next to activities? ) the number of "prints" consumed from the printnode account? With a paid plan it can be convenient to keep an eye on how many prints left available to make sure upgrade is done before running out which breaks the whole flow. https://www.printnode.com/en/docs/api/curl#account-information