Replace "Email From" and "Reply To"
- "Email From" and "Reply To" can be configured depending on data model and company
- You can send default sender address to avoid outgoing server errors
- Multi Company feature of the Odoo System is supported
After installation the module new menuitem is appeared:
Examples of how you can set up rules:
Custom email_from and reply_to overwriting examples:
Replacement rule priority:
- 1. Strict rule: model and company are set. It is the highest priority.
- 2. Model-based rule: model is set, company is empty. This rule will be used only if a strict rule does not exist.
- 3. Company-based rule: model is empty, company is set. Such rule will be used only if there are no strict and model-based rules.
- 4. Global rule: model and company are not set. Global rule is used only if there are no other rules.
P.S. The equal rules can be ordered by sequence.
Steps to start using module:
- 1) Install Module
- 2) Add Replacement Rules
- 3) Remove built-in ir.config_parameter to avoid errors:
Settings -> Technical -> Parameters -> System Parameters.
If your Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) server supports SRS (Sender Rewriting Scheme), and it was configured properly you can skip the step 3. However, that is more complex and requires more technical knowledge.
Additional Screenshots with Examples:
This images show that the parameters "Email From" and "Reply To" of received emails are overwritten according rules.
Please use "right mouse click -> open image in new tab" to show full size of screenshots.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.