Veem Online Paymentsby Bluebird Cloud Solutions https://www.blue-bird.cloud/solutions/odoo/veem
|Lines of code||765|
Online Bank Payments with Veem
Service and B2B businesses often have large invoices and don't want to lose 3% of their revenue by accepting credit card payments. Veem is the perfect platform to allow your customers to easily pay their invoices using ACH bank transfers. Want some even better news? Veem transfers and check payments within the United States and Canada are FREE!
|Need a Veem Account?|
|$50 cash back when you open a new Veem account and connect it to Odoo.
Starting a new Veem account is quick and easy and requires no commitments. Steps to qualify:
1) Open a new account on Veem.com
2) Purchase our Veem Online Payments app on the Odoo App Store
3) Forward both confirmation emails to email@example.com
Once the proper details are confirmed we will issue a Veem payment for $50.00 USD to the Veem account you just opened.*
*Limit 1 per Veem Online Payments app purchase, restrictions may apply.
|Send Veem invoices to customers easily, one at a time or
Veem Payments Integration for Odoo
|Nov 21, 2021||0.9.0||Initial Beta launch. App has been extensively tested in Odoo Enterprise v14 on Odoo.sh and Odoo On-Premise. We still recommend thorough testing on a staging environment before launching on production.|
Deploy the Application Code
An experienced Odoo administrator should install the code that was delivered after purchasing the app. Odoo.sh and Odoo On-Premise are supported.
The following entries must be added to the requirements.txt file:
oveem==2.2.0 pyyaml==5.3.1 phonenumbers==8.12.29
Your purchase will include two directories of files: bbcs_pay_acquire and bbcs_veem_payment. Both directories must be installed for the apps to correctly install.
Install the App
- Enter Developer Mode and open the Apps module
- Choose the Update Apps List option
- After the update is complete, search for "Veem"
- Install the Veem Online Payments app
Getting Your Veem API Credentials
The following steps will help you find your API credentials in Veem. If you don't have a Veem account yet, visit http://www.blue-bird.cloud/solutions/odoo/veem to read about a special offer when opening a new Veem account.
- Login as the user that is considered the owner of the Veem account
- Go to Settings > Integrations and find the tile named Veem API
- If necessary click Generate and store a copy of Client ID and Client Secret
Configure the Veem Payment Acquirer
- If you are running a multi-company DB it is suggested you review the Multi-Company Install Notes section below.
- Go to Accounting > Configuration > Payment Acquirers.
- Find the Veem payment acquirer and run the Install process.
- After installation, click into the Veem payment acquirer profile.
- Ensure the Provider is Veem and set the state to Enabled. (Use Test Mode if you plan to connect to sandbox.veem.com)
- Set a value for Company if applicable
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret from your Veem account
- Make selections for the remaining options using the help tooltips for guidance
- Save the record and then use the Test Connection feature to confirm that Odoo can connect to Veem
Sending Invoices Via Veem
- When viewing a confirmed invoice for a Company configured with a Veem Payment Acquirer you will see a Send Veem Invoice button
- Clicking the button will show a dialog box giving you options to confirm or update before the transmission to Veem
- Once satisfied, click Confirm and the invoice will be transmitted to Veem and automatically sent to the recipient
- As soon as Veem knows that the inbound payment has reached the status 'deposited' then the Veem Status of the corresponding invoice in Odoo will also be automatically updated
Sending Bulk Invoices Via Veem
- Use the list view of invoices to check multiple invoices that are ready to send.
- It is best to not select Draft invoices nor invoices that have already been sent via Veem
- Use the Actions menu and select the Send Veem Invoice option
- You will see a dialog box giving you options to confirm or update before the transmission to Veem
- Once satisfied, click Confirm and all of your selected invoices will be transmitted to Veem and automatically sent to the recipient
- Draft invoices and invoices already transmitted to Veem will be skipped
Sending Payments With Veem
- The Odoo-Veem integration uses the existing payment architecture for consistency
- If you wish to use the integration to initiate payments then follow these steps
- Review your settings in Veem to understand which bank account is set as the Sending Account.
- You should have a Bank Account defined in Odoo that matches that sending account.
- Edit the journal for that bank account in Odoo and go to the Payments Configuration subtab.
- Ensure that the Veem checkbox is checked in the Methods section of the Outgoing Payments section
- This will offer the option of using Veem to send payment anywhere the Register Payment process is used
- Use the option in the Payment Acquirer profile to control whether the payment should start as a draft in Veem, or whether the payment should automatically be initiated.
Multi-Company Install Notes
- It is recommended that you install the Veem Payments Integration app when logged in with access to the Odoo default company. (id=1)
- A Veem journal is added as part of the installation process and is associated with the default company.
- You should think about which company/companies will be expecting to use the Veem Payments Integration.
- You should create additional copies of the Veem journal for each additional company that expects to use the Veem functionality
- After the journals are created, you will also want to create one copy of the Veem Payment Acquirer for each company
- When following the Configure the Veem Payment Acquirer instructions above you should repeat those steps for each company, adding an additional step of setting the Payment Journal value on the Configuration subtab to the journal that you created for that company specified in the Payment Acquirer record.
- If you determine that the default company does not need the Veem functions, then you might want to set that Payment Acquirer record to Disabled.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.