This is the tool to combine various events (leads, calls, tasks, orders, partners etc.) on a single calendar view:
- Have an unlimited number of calendars with different events, configurations and user groups included. The menus are generated dynamically!
- All calendars are updated through a regular job
- Configure alarms for joint events and keep always informed, and inform others about required actions and events
The tool is compatible with both Odoo Enterprise and Odoo Community.
Flexible configurationUse flexible rules to search for objects and create a joint event with required logics. The app is smart enough to find default values and restrict you in selecting improper field types
- Model - which object to find: leads, tasks, orders and so on
- Name field - which field of the object would be used as joint event name (would be shown on a calendar view). Usually it is Name, Subject or Reference
- Start date field - which field should be used a start of an event. For example, Next Action Date for opportunities or Order Date for quotations. It may be be both Date or Date and Time
- Attendees Fields - which field should be used to find participants. Usually, it is some Responsible or Sales Person. But you may use even Followers. In comparison to other similar modules you may use both users and partners as attendees
- Stop date field - which field to use to define when a joint event is going to be finished. It is also may be Date or Time
- Whole Day Field - a special boolean field, which indicates that a related joint event may lasts the whole day. Such an event would be shown at a special place on a calendar (above the time line)
- Always Whole Day means that all generated events would last the whole day (disregarding whether start or stop are defined with hours and minutes)
- Description Field - which field of a related object is used as notes for joint events. Usually the fields like Internal Notes or Comments are used
- Domain - a special setting, which require advance Odoo technical knowledge. Its goal is to limit a number of objects on a calendar (for example, to show only leads without opportunities: [('type','!=','opportunity')]; and the opposite: [('type','!=','lead')].)
- Action - what action (including views and defaults) to invoke, when you go to a parent object from this joint event.
Select rules for joint calendars:
- The configurations are provided with useful tips: just point a cursor on a field
- Optimize joint events' generation and modification by making time limits. There is no need to show the events of the last year on a calendar! You do not need to wait for ages until the events are created as it in other similar modules
- Define calendars' menus' sequences. Should it be before the previous Super Calendar? Then, make a sequence smaller
- Deactivate a joint calendar to hide menus and corresponding events
- Configure alarms of 2 types: mails and notifications. The schema is the same as it is for Odoo standard calendar events. You may warn attendees and responsible users at the moment you like to: from 5 minutes to hundreds of days before
- Change email styles through Settings > Technical >Email > Templates > Joint Event Notification
- Be cautious: notifications would be shown for portal users, if they are attendees
- The very special feature: Use the app to make customized notifications for any required Odoo objects. Remind sales persons about next actions in leads and calls. Warn workers about a new manufacturing order. Notify programmers about deadlines. You may configure it by your own! Both emails and notifications. In order to do so, just indicate default alarms in required joint calendar settings.
- Only users with administrator rights may configure new joint calendars and related rules to search objects
- Users may see only the public calendars or calendars, to which user groups they belong to. Configure it through the Joint Calendar: the tab Settings > Menu > Privacy
- Users may access only the joint events, to which parents (leads, tasks, orders, etc.) they have access rights. It is equally true for read, write, create and unlink permission. For example, if a sales person doesn't have a right to observe lead, he/she would not see a related joint event as well
- Manually created joint events may be either public (for all employees) or private (visible for attendees only)
OdooTools is the team of developers and business analysts to help you extend Odoo potential. We have been communicating with end users to whom the software became the main business tool since 2012. As a result, we are proud of dozens of successful Odoo apps developed. We are open for new ideas and challenges to create the best Odoo tools for business needs all over the world.
This tool has been developed in cooperation with IT Libertas - one of the leading Odoo integrators in Russia.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.