Daily work of the most Odoo users runs around a few document types. Sales persons cope with opportunities and sale orders, HR officers process interviews and appraisals, procurement managers occupy themselves with purchase orders and shipments. Simultaneously such users need to keep in mind a lot of details spread out among numerous interfaces. Switching between those interfaces is not comfortable and error-prone. This tool solves the trouble. The app let you configure rules to join different document types on a single super calendar view with powerful reminders and easy-reach source objects.
The tool is compatible with both Odoo Enterprise and Odoo Community.
The tool let you decide by your own which columns construct a related joint event. Use flexible rules to filter documents and create events with required logics. The tool is smart enough to find default values and restrict you in selecting improper field types.
- Model - which object to find: opportunities, tasks, orders, meetings and so on
- Name field - which document field is used as a joint event name (it would be shown on a calendar view as a title). Usually it is 'name', 'subject' or 'reference'. Make sure this field is required to be entered in a parent document or filter documents with empty names. Otherwise, there would be an error, since an event title must be shown on a calendar view
- Start date field - which field should be used as a beginning of an event. For example, 'next action date' for opportunities or 'order date' for quotations. It may be both date or date with time
- Attendees Fields - which field should be used to find participants. Usually, it is some 'responsible', 'sales person' or 'attendees'. But you may use even document 'followers'.Besides, in comparison to other similar modules you may use both users and partners as attendees
- Stop date field - which field to use to define when a joint event is going to be finished
- Always Whole Day means that all generated events would last the whole day disregarding whether start or stop are defined with hours and minutes
- Whole Day Field - a special boolean field, which indicates that a related joint event may lasts the whole day. Such an event would be shown at a special place on a calendar (above the time line)
- Description Field - which field of a related object is used as notes for joint events. Usually the fields like 'internal notes' or 'comments' are used
- Domain – the special filters' constructor to define only topical documents included into this joint calendar. You might search almost by any criteria. For example, show only quotations without sales orders, or show opportunities only of this sales team or of this customer. If you are confident to make Reverse Polish Notations you may also turn on the debug mode
- Action - which action (including views and defaults) to invoke, when you go to a parent object from this joint event
As soon as you prepare joint event rules, you are ready to make and configure a joint calendar. Define a title and merge a few rules to show different document types on the same view.
Apply here also advanced settings:
- Define calendars' menus' sequences. Should it be before the previous super calendar? Then, make a sequence smaller
- Make a calendar public or private. Look also at the section Joint Calendar Rights
- Optimize joint events' generation and modification by making time limits. There is no need to show the events of the last year on a calendar! You do not need to wait for ages until the events are created as it in other similar modules
- Deactivate a joint calendar to hide menus and corresponding events
- The configurations provide useful tips: just point a cursor on a field
The tool let you configure alarms for joint events of 2 types of common calendar alarms: mails and notifications. The schema is the same as it is for Odoo standard calendar events.
You may warn attendees and responsible users at the moment you like to: from 5 minutes to hundreds of days before.
To configure a reminder for all implied events, just indicate 'Default alarms' in a needed joint calendar settings.
The very special feature: use the tool to make customized notifications for any required Odoo objects. Remind sales persons about next actions in opportunities and calls. Warn workers about a new manufacturing order. Notify programmers about deadlines. You may configure it by your own! Both email notifications and sticky popup alarms.
- Only users with administrator rights may configure new joint calendars and related rules to search objects
- Users may see only public calendars or calendars, to which user groups they belong to. Configure it through a related joint calendar: the tab 'Settings' - 'Privacy' and 'Groups'
- Joint calendar users access only joint events, to which parents (leads, tasks, orders, etc.) they have access rights. It is equally true for read, write, create and unlink permission. For example, if a sales person doesn't have a right to observe an opportunity, he/she would not see a related joint event as well
- Manually created joint events may be either public (for all employees) or private (visible for attendees only)
Scheduled jobsTo change the frequency of joint calendar automatic jobs:
- Turn on the debug mode
- Go to technical settings > Automation > Scheduled jobs
- Find the job 'Refresh Joint Events' to change the frequency of calendars' update
- Find the job 'Notify About Joint Event' to change the frequency of email alarms.
Email alarm styleTo change the email notification template:
- Activate the developer mode
- Go to technical settings > Email > Templates
- Find the template 'Joint Event Notification'
- You are welcome to change here message body
- Email subject might be changed through the translated term 'Reminder by Event'.
OdooTools is the team of developers and business analysts to help you extend Odoo potential. We have been communicating with end users to whom the software became the main business tool since 2012. As a result, we are proud of dozens of successful Odoo apps developed. We are open for new ideas and challenges to create the best Odoo tools for business needs all over the world.
This tool has been developed in cooperation with IT Libertas - one of the leading Odoo integrators in Russia.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
This makes the Event Calendar so much more useful !
We bought this to combine certain project tasks with the schedules of our maintenance engineers. We now have a better overview which moments are overlapping the schedules of other events. The joining of multiple events in 1 event calendar is super easy, it should be a standard option in ODOO.