Contacts Color Codingby Odoo Tools
Has your company ever lost money because a manager forgot some important details about a partner? With this tool it will hardly happen again. The app introduces the system of high available and simply managed color codes for contacts.
The tool is compatible with both Odoo Enterprise and Odoo Community.
You observe color codes practically everywhere where you see a partner.
- You see color boxes on all partner views: form, kanban, tree. On default, simplified or address cards
- You access linked supplier or customer color codes on all forms, where there is a reference for a contact. Depending on the modules installed, it might be sale orders, opportunities, projects and issues, purchase or delivery orders, tickets and claims. Thus any, including your custom forms or forms from community-built modules
- Color codes appear as soon as you select or open a contact. In real time. At first sight
- The tool let you search contacts by a color code reference.
Color codes are shown as a set of colourized boxes with user friendly behaviour to retrieve data:
- Click on any color box to open the pop-up with all color notes
- Notes are sorted by color codes. Sequence of colors is defined as a sequence in the configured classifier
- The list aggregates notes by manual and automatic color codes
- Notes gathers hints from parent hierarchy
- Hover over a note to learn its initial author and date (for manual notes) and to which contact, this or any parent, it relates to
- Hover over a circle to know what this color means (color code reference is used)
- Hover over a color box to observe related color notes
- Click on a dotted box to manage manual color codes of this contact.
Use automatic color codes in case you can strictly describe which partners receive those color codes. Thus, you should know exact field values of target customers / suppliers. Look at the use cases below.
- Define a rule as a set of criteria a contact should satisfy. You may use any partner field in the same way you define a search filter in Odoo
- There might be as many criteria combined by 'any' or 'all' operators as you like
- For a single color code you may have an unlimited number of automatic rules. Matching any of that rule will lead to this color code assignment
- Automatic rules are applied in real time. As soon as you configured a new one, open/reload any form and check contact color codes.
- A contact already has some sort of manual tag. For example, the 'Danger!' tag should lead to the red color code
- All contacts with set 'Blacklist' field should be assigned the black color code
- Customers with low credit limit (e.g. with less than $1000) receive the orange color code
- Mark grey contacts without mobile and phone entered
- Define color codes based on a country or a region, based on 'Degree of trust you have in this debtor', or based on your own custom field
It is possible to have as many color codes as you like. They may relate to any business facet. For example, introduce 'Black List', 'Not trusted', 'Strategic partners', 'Low credit limit', etc. and etc.
For such codes, you may use almost any color shade. Google 'hex color picker'. The search engine will let you pick a desired color. Copy the 'hex' value to the color field of a code. Click save and make sure it is a color you would like to use.
As soon as you installed the tool, Odoo would prepare a few default color codes. You may simply update or delete those codes to reflect your own color codes' logic.
You may like the tools
KnowSystemThe tool to build deep and structured knowledge base for internal and external use Look at the app
Joint CalendarThe tool to combine different Odoo events in a few configurable calendars Look at the app
CRM Duplicates Real Time SearchThe tool for real-time control of customers' and opportunities duplicates Look at the app
Cloud Storage SolutionsThe technical core to synchronize your Cloud storage solution with Odoo Look at the app
Installation TipsIn order the widget works correctly, re-start Odoo server. If you faced the error 'Qweb2: Template is not found': restart Odoo server > refresh the page (Ctrl+Shift+R)
OdooTools is the team of developers and business analysts to help you extend Odoo potential. We have been communicating with end users to whom the software became the main business tool since 2012. As a result, we are proud of dozens of successful Odoo apps developed. We are open for new ideas and challenges to create the best Odoo tools for business needs all over the world.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.